Tuesday, March 4, 2008

September 2004

September 28, 2004

Earthquake
I felt an earthquake today. I went to visit someone and we were sitting in the living room when it started to shake. The blinds were rattleing and the light fixture in the dinning room was shaking. It just kind of felt like a rolling, and I thought that my verdigo was back. No damage was done, I really don't know how far away the center of it was. http://www.californianonline.com/news/updates/9160.html.
Posted by jeannie at 02:34 PM Comments (1) TrackBack
-->
September 24, 2004

Fantasy Football update
Well, the Hungry Hippos are 2-0 heading into the 3rd weekend of the Football Season. After victories over the Wallabies and the Southwest 737, a battle with the 2-0 Klingon Warriors looms. Unbfortuantely, my regualr starting QB is on a bye week, so I will have to start my backup QB.
Posted by mqstone at 05:43 PM Comments (1) TrackBack
-->
September 20, 2004

This iz a blog, iz not an inglish clas!
to all thoze that espect good grammer or speling, I wud say...git off hour bak! This is r blog, and ne dirogidory comence will be swiflee deleted.
Posted by mqstone at 05:45 PM Comments (3) TrackBack
-->
September 15, 2004

Are YOU living in CHAOS
" Don't ever forget that you can't organize clutter; all you can do is get rid of it 15 minutes at a time. The best container for organizing your clutter is a trash can. "~ FlyLady
Want to read more? Check out www.flylady.net
I thought that I would make a quick post. Last night when I got home from Relief Society, I took a look at the hand out that was passed out to us, and I just wanted to pass on a link that was/and is used by several of the ladies. I thought that it was a neat site, and I even got something from it! www.flylady.net . It is basically a free web site that can help if you need ideas in organizing or cleaning, usefull tips, and other things. I spent the day looking thru it, and I have found a few things that were helpful, and made me think...why aren't I already doing that, or , gee that makes sense! Anyhow, I thought that someone out there might enjoy this new resource...have fun!
Posted by jeannie at 11:29 PM Comments (2) TrackBack
-->
September 02, 2004

Hello from Salinas
Well it's been a while since we made a post, other than pictures. I still have more pictures to post, but the film is still in the camera since we are not that advanced yet! We have now been in Salinas a month, and so far are enjoying it. Michael did a good job picking out the apartment (I only found two things that I don't like!), and we knew that it would be alot smaller than what we were living in, so we made good decisions on what we sold, gave away and left behind-not that we wanted to move without that stuff, but it was nessesary. At least my couch set "went to a good home!" I have gotten creative with the space that I do have, bed lifts that lift the bed up 7 more inches (I have to almost jump to get on!) and in the small closet, is where we put most of the storage items that are not in the boxes we can’t unpack yet. The weather is alot cooler here than in Idaho, and there is usually a nice breeze. I like to see and feel the sun, and there are palmtrees here. We took a drive to Monterey and sat by the beach the other week, since I grew up by the beach in Washington, that was one thing that I missed when we moved to Idaho. We seem to have nice neighbors, and some of them are in our ward. It will be fun to get to know some of the couples. Michael is enjoying his new job, right now it involves alot of trainnning and that reminds him of school-with one exception, instead of us paying, they pay us! So that's good. I right now am currently not working, but was busy getting us settled, and now I can do some of the things that I enjoy doing (not that I didn't enjoy packing and unpacking!) I have many new pictures to scrapbook, and I have cards to make and stamping to do! We miss being able to visit with family, but we know that this is where we should be for now, we have a year lease, so really who knows where we will be after that! Well, now that we are settled, there should be posts made more often, I won't say how often, but a better effort will be made!

No comments: