Tuesday, March 4, 2008

April 2006

April 27, 2006

Taking it to the Max...
Ahhh yes, there’s nothing like pouring your money down the drain…literally! Well, not actually actual money, but it might as well have been. We had to go and buy some Drano Max Professional Strength Gel for a few clogs that we have gotten since living here. I guess it really doesn’t feel like I’m totally wasting money since the product actually works, and will probably need to buy some for the third time for any future clogs. Maybe I should just look into getting a drain cover? Hummm, yes, I might just do that! (if I can find one to fit our funny drains) (no pictures, that would be gross)
Posted by jeannie at 11:25 AM Comments (3)
April 24, 2006

Movie Quote Quiz
Julie has inspired me, so I present my version of a quote quiz.
1. I hate it when my igneous rocks are even touched.2. The majority of life's decisions are not made in the board rooom! No...they're made in the bathhhrooom.3. On second thought, make my potatoes a salad.4. Joan Wilder! The Joan Wilder!5. Schnickelfritz! I told you Schnickelfritz, and you made me bet on Equipoise.
Posted by mqstone at 10:16 PM Comments (9)
April 15, 2006

World of Warcraft as a hobby
I have spent a few minutes wandering through the ramblings that are the "Bloggernacle" and I realized that World of Warcraft isn't a bad hobby after all.
When I play as Quinnuz, I usually group with 39 other people, we work together, each having distinct roles, and relying on each other to accomplish things that we couldn't do if we argued or worked alone.
If someone makes a mistake and we wipe, oh well, usually some funny comments are made, but no one gets angry.
When an epic item drops, everyone is happy for whoever gets the item, and our loot system is fair.
I always have a good time when I play, and I never have bad feelings towards anyone I encounter in the game.
Now, I suppose I could be doing many things that would be considered more productive or meaningful, but there are also a lot worse things I could be spending my time on.
I enjoy World of Warcraft...(My precious! We wants it!)
I have people come up to me and say "Michael, how can you spend all that money and all that time playing a game?"
And I have to laugh, because isn't it worth it to spend all that time and money, just to make one person happy, even if that one person is me?
Posted by mqstone at 02:08 PM Comments (3)
April 02, 2006

Accidents come in twos....
Part two: Just when we thought that we were done and could turn down the heat and resume our normal life….another flood. Yep, you read right, this time in the downstairs half bath. Same exact thing as upstairs, only downstairs, same part on the toilet busted on both toilets. The hallway our bedroom, laundry room, half bath and dining room all wet. We do know for sure that it was leaking for less than 1 hour. We will keep you up to date on what is going on, but now I’m REALLY tired of dealing with it, so I’ll stop.
Posted by jeannie at 05:15 PM Comments (1)
-->
April 01, 2006

Our plans went down the drain.....
...Well, almost. We were supposed to go to Utah this weekend for conference, but had a home emergency. Wednesday night about 10:00 our smoke detectors started going off and Ender started going crazy. I opened the door to our bonus room where we were, but no smoke....water everywhere. The toilet upstairs had a fountain of water spraying all over. We have no idea for how long we guess 3-4 hours maybe 2, but there was a lot of water. So much water that it had spread into the hallway, our two bedrooms upstairs, and was leaking into the downstairs. Our master bath and master bedroom is downstairs, and that is were the smoke detector was shorting out because of all the water leaking from it. There was also water leaking from the fan vents in the laundry room and the bathroom as well as from the light fixture in our room. What a mess. We got the water turned off and called a 24 hour disaster clean up service. The clean up guy got here about 11:30 pm on Wednesday, and didn’t leave till about 3:30 am Thursday. Since then we have had the house heated up to about 85-90 degrees while 5 fans and 1 dehumidifier ran upstairs and 4 fans and 1 dehumidifier ran in our bedroom. Oh, and a fan out in the garage, because it leaked there too. We got to move back into our room last night, sleeping in the living room was really to hot, and sleeping outside in the tent almost worked until it started raining. I’m stopping now, tired of thinking about it…..will write part two later!
Posted by jeannie at 08:23 PM Comments (0) TrackBack

No comments: