Tuesday, March 4, 2008

May 05, 2004

Where's the filling?
Last week before Julie and the kids came I made a trip to Costco. I decided while I was there that I would pick up some fun snacks that we could take to the park, or just eat whenever. I saw that Costco had a value pack of Hostess Twinkies, 16 in a box as well as a value pack of Hostess Cupcakes 16 in a box sold together. I don't buy Twinkies or Cupcakes, but it was a great price for 32 snacks, so I caved.
I came home and put some in the freezer, and left the rest in the pantry, and didn't think about them till we were eating them while on a picnic. Three of us had Twinkies, and one of us had a Cupcake. I was bummed out when I discovered that my Twinkie had no filling! That's the best part, right? Out of 16 Twinkies there were about 6 of them that had no filling, and how I managed to grab three without filling to take with us, I guess that's just bad luck. Anyhow I could have returned them to Costco, because they take everything back no questions asked, but I thought that would have been a bother.
So I decided to call the Hostess company and let them know about the defective Twinkies knowing that they would most likely send me replacement coupons. I was right, I gave them some code on the box that told them the plant that they were made and they will call that bakery manager, and now I wait for my coupons to come in the mail! I guess that I can live with a few Twinkies that had no filling, but hey, if they are going to send me coupons for free Twinkies, I'm not going to turn that down!

No comments: