Tuesday, March 4, 2008

January 2008

January 31, 2008

Happy in his swing!

Posted by jeannie at 08:01 AM Comments (1)
January 23, 2008

Listen to Luke
More to come later!
Posted by jeannie at 04:18 PM Comments (3)
January 21, 2008

Bye bye bassinet.

For two reasons:
This is what I found Ender doing a couple of times. We then started moving the bassinet away from the bed but that didn’t stop him from figuring out that he would then just have to jump into it to get whatever he wanted. We ended up taking down the bassinet anyhow because after almost 3 months Luke has outgrown his bassinet. He is within the weight range, but because he is long, and when he squirms his head gets smashed up against the top so we had to move him into something larger. We are (I am) not ready to move him into his crib yet because he still wakes up several times in the night to eat, and because at night we only heat our room so the rest of the house gets really cold at night, so he now sleeps in the pack and play that has a bassinet feature to it (which is great because without it I can’t reach the bottom to put Luke in or take him out).
Oh and Ender can now jump into the crib if the sides are down. I know this because I was playing with Luke in the crib one day and up jumped Ender. I have no idea if he will be able to jump into the crib with the side up. I guess that I will not be buying any baby gate to keep Ender out of places, that would just be a waste of money at this point.
Posted by jeannie at 11:36 AM Comments (1)
January 15, 2008

A day in Hawaii and project #2
While we were in Hawaii on vacation Michael, Luke and I went to the Swap Meet. I didn’t get a chance to go the last time we were in Hawaii, I think I waited to long to try and go and missed it since it is only open on certain days of the week, so I was sure not to miss it this time! It was really fun to see all of the things that were there for sale. The swap meet is held in the parking lot at the Aloha Stadium, so you start in one spot and go all the way around the stadium. There are a lot of different things for sale, and then after you pass those, you see a lot of the same things for sale from different venders. I was asking one of the vender owners for a price on an item, (just for curiosity) then said thank you and as I was walking out they immediately lowered the price! And the closer I got to the edge of leaving, the price dropped again! Hmmmmm! We are not really good at haggling but we did get one of the venders to sell us something for the price that another vender was selling the wall hangings for. After we got done with the swap meet we dropped Luke of with the family and Michael and I went out for lunch.

I had Michael help me with this project. I needed his height even with that ladder, but I needed his math skills more! I wasn’t going to take any chances that I would end up being an inch off here, or 5 inches off there. It’s bad enough when I bake something and forget to double an ingredient, or even add the wrong one for that matter! Besides, if it did end up being crooked it would have been easy to fix (since we were covering holes from the previous owner what’s a few more?) and I would have had someone to share the blame with!

Posted by jeannie at 11:44 AM Comments (2)
January 12, 2008

Another one bites the dust.
I have finished one of the many projects that are on my list of projects to do.
I have turned this:
Into this:
Without the baby of course!
It turned out better than I thought that it would have, and now it should stay nice enough for Luke to have it one day. The only thing that I am not 100% happy with is that since the shadow box isn't very deep, it smooshes the shoes a little bit, so I had to smoosh them myself so that they looked nice.
Posted by jeannie at 02:40 PM Comments (2)
January 10, 2008

Luke update!

Luke had his 2 month appointment today. It was two weeks late since we were on vacation, so all these updates are with him being born and now two and a half months later.Birth Weight: 8lbs. 4 oz. and 21 inches longSix weeks old: 11.5 lbs (from my six week appointment)Two and a half months old: 13lbs. 3 oz. and 24 inches long.I thought that he was feeling heavier and looking longer! And Luke is growing out of some of his clothes! Looks like he just may have gotten Michael’s height…Lucky him! Luke smiles a lot and has found his fists! In fact we may just have a little thumb sucker!
Posted by jeannie at 06:38 PM Comments (1)
January 09, 2008

Unpacking is the worst part of any trip...
...But I am slowly getting things together, or rather back together! We have not quite adjusted to the 4 hour time difference since coming home. It seams like we adjusted quite quickly to the time change when we got to Hawaii, I guess the sun and sandy beaches will help with that! Here are a few of many pictures that we took. Well, I guess since we are all in them I should have said; Here are some of the pictures that someone was kind enough to take for us. I will be posting more, and also pictures of Luke and Ender.

Posted by jeannie at 12:25 PM Comments (3)
January 07, 2008

Our update will be posted soon, but if you want to see Ender's update click here
Posted by jeannie at 02:46 PM Comments (0)

No comments: