Tuesday, March 4, 2008

December 2006

December 18, 2006

We have a house
That's right, we are home owners again! We were grateful that things went smoothly for the close of the house on Friday, and are now making the arrangements necessary prior to the move in. We will need to get the chimney cleaned, order and have our refrigerator delivered, go over and do some cleaning, and a few other little things that will need to be done. One more move, I think I can handle one more move, but after this I really hope that we will be here for the next few years (and I only say hope because almost every move that we have made we have said that we were going to be there 3-5 years) . It’s getting really tiring moving so much. I have been keeping track of all the addresses that we have lived in since we got married…seven! Seven in almost 5 ½ years, that’s a lot for someone who never moved the first 20 years of their life! We are going to give our 30 days notice at the place that we are living now, and then we will move into the house in January sometime, after we get back from our Christmas vacation in Seattle. Ender is excited to have a yard again, an we are excited to have a home again…where everything works!
Posted by jeannie at 11:44 AM Comments (1)
December 05, 2006

Random thought
We all have been told what we are to do when life throws lemons our way….make lemon-aid! But what are we supposed to do when life gives us limes??
I like to buy the Daisy brand sour cream. You know the brand…a dollop of Daisy… Well, under the lid is a foil seal to keep the sour cream fresh. On each foil seal there is usually a picture of a flower of some sort, and something what they call Fresh Thinking from Daisy. It’s kind of like a fortune cookie. For example, once I got a foil that said ‘The delight of a child is contagious’.
Okay, back to the limes…. From the most recent foil from the sour cream… ‘If life gives you limes, just rearrange the letters and return a smile.’
Words to live by? I should probably brush up on my calligraphy so I can make myself a nice wall hanging, and hang it right next to the wall hanging I did last year with calligraphy using Grandfathers “The hard is the good”.
Posted by jeannie at 11:02 AM Comments (3)
December 01, 2006

What???
Early this week the weather was beautiful! Upper 70's low 80's. I took Ender to the dog park on Wednesday, because I knew that we wouldn't be going for a while if the weather they were predicting came. As we were driving home I passed a sign that said the temp was 75 outside, but I could see the dark clouds in my rear view mirror creeping closer. We got home from the dog park about 6pm and we got the mail before we went inside. I could tell by the wind that the storm would be here soon, and as I was walking from the mailboxes to the house, I could feel the very cold chill in the air. The weather was so nice when I left, that I was wearing jeans and a fleece sweatshirt. I guess I made it home just in time, because I was under dressed for the cold weather. The temperature did about a 50 degree drop by the time morning came, and we had some hail, and light snow. Ender really liked the cold. I had to go and find the boxes that had our coats and sweatshirts in them, and look for the box that has Michaels hat in it…that I still haven’t found.

I guess this picture doesn’t look that bad, compared to what some of you had, those who had the real snow. It was mostly ice, covered by more ice, covered by the hail and flurries. But it was still cold being in the 20's and when the wind blew it felt like the teens.
Posted by jeannie at 09:19 PM Comments (0)

No comments: