Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March 2006

March 16, 2006

Ender's photos
I made a previous post about a photo cover search that we were having Ender participate in. To read more about it and to see the photos click on Ender The Eskie He made a new post on his blog. I really like three out of the six, as my favorite!
Posted by jeannie at 03:48 PM Comments (0) TrackBack
-->
March 14, 2006

Then and now...

These two pictures are of the same tree in our backyard. They are pussy willow trees, but we didn’t know that until the winter. This first picture is of the trees in June when we got the house, and the second picture was taken in February. We are going to have to learn how to prune them, because as you can see they grow fast! My first memory of a pussy willow tree is from when I was younger. I remember at the end of our street by the main road, there were some pussy willow trees growing. I remember my mom helping me to get some so that I could take them for show-and-tell, (I’m thinking preschool or kindergarten?).
Posted by jeannie at 06:16 PM Comments (3) TrackBack
-->
March 07, 2006

Indoor Soccer
I started playing in an informal indoor soccer league last night. We play every Monday night, and they keep score, but no standings are kept. It is a Men's Over 30 League, so I just qualified! Yippee!
Anyway, I hurt my thumb in warmups, so it's all swollen and immobile today.
We lost, 11-4. I am the goalkeeper. It was tied 4-4, but our team ran out of gas in the second half, so I faced a lot of 3-1, 2-1 situations, which aren't conducive to defensive stops.
Indoor soccer is a much faster paced game than outdoor, and the fact that if they miss, they can get the rebound and then score, well, it's a bit more difficult.
Still, lots of fun, and since the games are only 45 minutes long, it's not a huge time committment.
However, I had to say happy birthday to me, in order to buy my shoes, shinguards, socks and gloves.
At least I should get my six-pack abs back after a few weeks, LOL.
Posted by mqstone at 10:43 AM Comments (7) TrackBack
-->
March 05, 2006

Happy Birthday to Quinnuz!

On Thursday, my birthday, my WoW guild went to Molten Core for another raid, and the Cenarion Spaulders dropped (The leaves on my shoulders). Those are the third Epic item Quinnuz has gained. The other two are the helm (antlers) and the gloves.
The items are part of the 8 piece Cenarion armor set, which are exclusively for druids. Even when an item for druids drops from a boss mob, I have to be at the top of the list in order to get it, so I was pretty lucky to get an item on my birthday.
Now that your eyes have glazed over with uncomprehension, I will leave you to just look and admire those Epic items Quinnuz is wearing.
Posted by mqstone at 03:55 PM Comments (1) TrackBack
-->
March 03, 2006

Beautiful Hawaii

Posted by jeannie at 08:51 PM Comments (0) TrackBack
-->

Happy Birthday Michael!

Posted by jeannie at 05:10 PM Comments (3) TrackBack

No comments: