Tuesday, March 4, 2008

August 2007

August 13, 2007

Pictures

Well, here are some pictures of the nursery. The room is as ready as I can make it right now. Some of the ladies in the ward are going to give me a shower sometime in September, and after that I can fill in the blanks and get whatever else we need. Then we just wait...and wait...and wait!
Posted by jeannie at 07:05 PM Comments (3)
August 11, 2007

We are registered
Last night we went to register at Babies R Us. It didn't take us too long to do that. And today we registered at Target, which took longer than last night. I think if you take a look at the registries, you will be able to tell who was in charge of the gun...well, at Target anyhow! I'm sure that I missed a bunch of stuff that I will end up getting after the baby comes, but what can I say...I have never had to do this before, so I really don't know what all I'll be needing. Things in the nursery are looking good, we got a dresser and changing table, so I'll probably be posting some new pictures next week.
Posted by jeannie at 03:45 PM Comments (1)
August 08, 2007

The beginnings of a nursery

I have started he nursery for Luke. I painted the walls; all I have left to paint is the celine. And I am only doing that because when I was painting the top of the walls the roller got paint on the celine. I let Michael have the deciding vote in what he theme for the nursery should be. Surprisingly enough he didn’t want a sports these, he wanted something baby cute. So we went with animals. The theme is called Zanzibar. As you can see, we have the valance up and the crib is made. So things are coming along great!
Posted by jeannie at 02:53 PM Comments (5)
August 06, 2007

We had a good laugh!
I make Michael’s lunch before he leaves for work in the mornings. Sometimes it’s a pretty skimpy lunch because I haven’t done the week’s grocery shop, and sometimes it’s a really good lunch. I usually try to put a fruit, a vegetable, a dairy product- usually cheese, some kind of sandwich, and crackers and/or some kind of treat, along with something to drink, usually water.
I got a call from Michael one day last week, nothing unusual about that, but when he asked me how awake I was that morning when I made his lunch, I started to wonder what I did different. Well, that morning like most mornings I was pretty tired. As it turned out that lunch was a skimpy lunch, I think it only had a sandwich carrots and something else. But it turned out that it was a really skimpy lunch because when I was made his sandwich……Nothing was in between the bread! Just two slices of bread! We had a good laugh!
Posted by jeannie at 06:24 AM Comments (1)
August 02, 2007

Week 27 Update

(pictures with my head!)
I had a Dr. appointment today and I am happy to report that all is well. It was a short appointment, it probably took longer to get there but that's okay. I have gotten in the habit that after my appointments I drive over to Babies R Us and pick up something small and look around. Today I picked up hangers, not the most exciting purchase, but something we needed.

I now have the closet mostly organized, the clothes on the floor are waiting to be put in the dresser (that we don’t have yet). My parents have sent some cute outfits, and yesterday I went to the mall with some neighbors and found really great deals on the $2.99 or less rack at The Children’s Place! Also, my neighbor was kind enough to gift me all of her baby/toddler clothes, she has two boys that are 11 months apart (now ages 2 and 3) and so there are a few pieces of clothing that range from newborn to 24 months.
Posted by jeannie at 04:53 PM Comments (3)

No comments: