Monday, March 10, 2008

A first for Luke

Luke had his first whole night in his crib. It still gets cold at night so we just kept the heat on. He went to bed about 6:30, slept till about 9:30. We started cutting out that feeding (we are trying to get him to sleep through the night) so when he woke up we were going to move him to our room. He decided that he wanted to be crabby, so we put him back in his crib, and he was quiet in about 10-15 minutes. He woke up next at abot 12:50, and cried for half an hour and wasn't going back to sleep, so I got up and fed him about 3 0z. changed his diaper and put him back to bed. He went right back to sleep and slept all the was up to 8:10 am! So that has been the best night that he has had yet, now I just need to teach myself to go to bed early so I can finally be getting some sleep.

So Luke was happy when he woke up, very hungry, but happy. We played for a bit, watched Baby Mozart, I fed him some rice cereal, and by 9:50 he was ready for a nap! I put him down, and didn't hear a peep from him. He is still asleep now and it's about 11am! We will see how long he naps, hopefully he is starting to nap longer than an hour at a time!
(update-11:20 he was awake)

This brings me hope! Maybe I won't always be sleep deprived, maybe my baby won't always be cranky, maybe I can get into a schedule and get some things done and somewhat organized around the house. Maybe I won't dread going out during the day and doing some errands, or going out just to go out.

I know that once we have a schedule, it will most likely change. Michael's Grandfather use to say something like- the only thing certain in life is change. How true that is, something I should remember so I don't get to comfortable with the way things are!

PS...I seem to be posting more than usual so go back and see if you missed anything!

2 comments:

Gerrit & Ashlee said...

I love the new blog- should we switch our link over to this one? And even when your baby sleeps through the night- you won't because you'll be wondering why he is! But at least you appreciate it!

Jeannie said...

Hey Ashlee, yes, you can switch the link to this one, we are just slow getting the word out.