Tuesday, March 4, 2008

June 03, 2004

Memorial day weekend
We spent the Memorial Day weekend up in Seattle visiting friends and family. I’ve come to the conclusion that no matter how much time you take for vacation there is never enough. We did see a lot of the family that we planned on seeing and saw or had contact with friends and co-workers, but there were people that we didn’t have a chance to visit with. I guess I’ll see them another time.
My mom flew into Boise on the 19th to visit us and to visit the family that she has here. On the 22nd she and I drove to WA. We had a good easy drive, but going over we drove thru some heavy rain showers, so heavy that my wipers were on high and I couldn’t hear the radio or my mom. Even though Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday were beautiful, by the time that Michael flew in on Wednesday it was drizzle and rain till the Tuesday after Memorial Day.
We had a good visit. We were sure to eat all of our favorite foods there that we can’t get here. I spent one of the days with Julie, Connor, and Kate and then we picked up Alexa from school a little after 3. We went to a park to play tee ball till the kids got tired of that, and then we stayed and played a little longer. We also visited with Julie and Darin and family a couple more times before we left and enjoyed playing Settlers of Zarahemla with Julie and Darin a few times.
The rest of the week was mostly spent doing things with my family. Jared, Marissa, and Jeffrey (my brother and his family) were over from Spokane for the week, so we were all together for the holiday weekend. On Friday the 28th Michael and I went to the Pacific Science Center in Seattle with my Dad, Jared, Marissa, Jeffrey, Jason, Adrianne, Breanna, and Jordan. It was fun to see all of the things that they had there and to see the kids having fun too. My favorite exhibit there was the butterfly area. You would walk thru one set of doors and there the workers explained some things, and then you went thru the main doors to see butterflies all over the place. I was hoping that one would land on me thinking that that would be a great photo, but I wasn’t that lucky. There were all different kinds of butterflies and you would have to be careful of where you would walk so that you wouldn’t step on any. When you were done and ready to leave you had to turn around in a circle with your arms up, (to check for butterflies) and then you walked past a fan into a holding room till everyone was there and then you could go out.
Now we are home, back to the normal routine. In the next couple of weeks we will be “spring cleaning” so that we can get some things in order around here. I’m really looking forward to that...(whatever).

No comments: