Tuesday, March 4, 2008

November 2007

November 30, 2007

Update for November.
Michael, Jeannie, Luke, and Ender on blessing day.Well, it’s been over a month now and time for an update. Luke is doing well. At his 2 week appointment he weighed 8lbs. 9 oz., 5 oz. over his birth weight, so I guess you can say that he is a good eater! Luke is a pretty good baby so far, he usually wants to eat twice during the night and there are a couple of times during the day that he will usually get fussy… well, he screams, but babies scream at times right? He has already grown out of some of his clothes, but the size of those was labeled newborn, or up to 8 lbs. Grandma and Granddad Stewart came to visit for thanksgiving and for Luke’s blessing. I think everyone had a good time. We played a game, watched a movie, visited, and there was lots of Luke snuggling going on! We wheeled the bassinette into the living room for a couple of nights so the Grandparents could take care of Luke so I could get some much needed sleep.
Luke in blessing outfit.
Ender has been wonderful around Luke. We have quite the protective dog! The couple of days that my parents were here, Ender had his eye on my parents. When my mom would go to pick up Luke from the bouncer, Ender would put himself right in between them! And when my dad would hold Luke, Ender would bark and growl at him. Eventually Ender got use to them being there and must have figured out that Luke was in good hands! Ender didn’t do that with Michael’s parents, and we figured that that was because Michael’s parents were around from the first day that Luke got here that Ender didn’t know any different! Ender likes to give Luke kisses, and when we come home from being out, we will let Ender out of his crate and he will go and find Luke! It’s very cute! And when we take pictures of Luke, Ender is right there! Most of the pictures with Ender in them he did on his own…no coaching! Luke and Ender.I am doing well, and I think Michael is too; although I haven’t asked him. I miss the amount of sleep that I was getting; I guess the 10-12 hours of sleeping are long gone. However people tell me that there will come a time when I will be able to sleep 6-8 hours at a time, so that should be nice. I haven’t been able to get into a schedule yet, but I have managed to stick to my goal and shower every day…hey, it’s the little things!
Maybe with Michael’s help (hint, hint!) we will be able to keep this blog a little more up to date then we have been
Posted by jeannie at 02:45 PM Comments (4)

No comments: