Tuesday, March 4, 2008

June 2006

June 16, 2006

We have a Laptop down! I repeat...a laptop is down!
Let me start this by saying if you are ever offered a service plan on a really expensive electronics item....take it!
Okay, so last month our desktop went down, and we had a service plan, so they fixed it for free.
This month, our laptop went down for the count. Motherboard is fried. We do not have a service plan. Replacing the motherbaord on a laptop is about the same price as buying a new laptop.
So, we are now in the market for a new laptop.
Posted by mqstone at 06:58 PM Comments (4)
June 11, 2006

Oh So!
We travelled to Utah this weekend in order to attend the funeral of my grandfather, Arthur B. Erekson. He passed away on June 7th, just 18 days shy of his 100th birthday.
"Oh So!" was one of his exclamations he would say.
He was an incredible man, and it was a great experience to be with the family to celebrate his life. He was able to live independently up until the last week or two of his life, and we are grateful that he was able to move on to his next phase of life without much pain or difficulty.
He is again together with his wife and family in the world beyond, and there can be no sadness in that. We will miss him, but it will be a short time until we will see him again!
Grandfather was a great example of how one should lead their life. He was dedicated to the gospel, to his wife and family. He always was a positive man, and had a wonderful outlook on all that he experienced in his life.
He was a firm believer in hard work, and always said, "The Hard is the Good." How true it is, for those things that are most important for us in this life, and in eternity, are not always what are the easiest for us to do.
If I am half the man my grandfather was, and is, then I should indeed be a happy man. May I be able to have joy and exclaim, "Oh so!" many times in my life, as I approach my life knowing that the Hard is the Good!
Posted by mqstone at 10:12 PM Comments (1)

Fort Worth on My Mind
Yep! It's official! I was offered a position in Fort Worth on Thursday and I accepted. It's a lateral move for me, but the promotion opportunites will be much greater in the DFW area.
SO, I will be heading back down there in a few weeks to do a little more house bhunting, and we now have to go full speed in getting our house ready to sell.
Posted by mqstone at 10:03 PM Comments (2)

No comments: