Tuesday, March 4, 2008

February 2007

February 20, 2007

Napoleon Dynamite
I finally got Michael to watch Napoleon Dynamite with me the other day.
Posted by jeannie at 11:18 AM Comments (3)
February 09, 2007

Crafty Woman
Remember this...

Well, since we don't have couches any more because they went to a good home in Idaho, I had a slip cover that wasn't being used. We could have saved it and used it on a couch we got cheap from somewhere. But we are not going to get a cheap couch...we have no way to get it from one place to another, so we do without. And we are not ready to buy a new one yet, so we do without.
Back to the slip cover. I didn't want to just toss it out and since I was using the stuff that was in our living room in the Nampa house in our bedroom as decoration, I wanted to find some way to incorporate that slip cover into our bedroom. So, I made curtains. They are not perfect; since I had to do a lot of piecing together there are seams in several spots. I decided that I was going to rip out the seams on the slip cover to maximize the fabric that I had to work with because cutting out the seams would take away fabric. I am really pleased how they turned out, (for the most part).
So here is the picture:

Like I said before I was recycling what I had in one room and using it in another room. So I just needed a couple of things to make the room a bedroom and not a living room. Lucky for me Bed Bath and Beyond was having a storewide clearance. And even luckier was that there was 30% off of the clearance price! I picked up a couple of pillowcases, a couple of toss pillows, a bed skirt and a duvet cover. Voila! The look is complete! I kept telling Michael I felt like I was on the shows Design Remix and Design on a Dime (on HGTV). Click on pictures to enlarge them.
Posted by jeannie at 10:15 AM Comments (4)
February 05, 2007

What happend in January...
.... Even though it is now February. Wrote more than I thought, guess I can get long winded. For condensed version, just skip to the bottom.
So January is done and over and it feels like we are half way through February. So I thought that it was about time for an update. I wish that I could say that not much happened in January, but that would be a lie. January brought change (which you think we should be use to by now), and a trip to the emergency room, for me. The change was a good one. On Monday the 8th we had movers come and move our stuff from our old newlywed apartment, to our house. Friday that week was our first night in the house. It was nice to have working appliances, space to put thing, and a real kitchen. I’m still in the process of unpacking, but most of the major things are unpacked, organized and decorated (pictures will be later). I really like our kitchen, and our master bed/bathroom. It has been really nice to unpack all of my hobby stuff, already I have made several cards, and I completed a sewing project, which is another post altogether. Michael is happy that I can finally do some projects; mostly because that means that I leave him alone to do his hobbies! Before we owned the house, it had been unoccupied for about two years which is mostly good for us but that does mean that we have a little extra of the home maintenance to catch up on. We have to get the furnace serviced, and do some light landscaping etc. Now about my trip to the emergency room….since I am writing this post, it will be my version! Sunday the 21st early in the morning in between 4 and 4:30, I had terrible like I thought that I has going to die pain in my backside. Now I am a wimp when it comes to pain, and I do tend to often think that there may be certain things wrong with me, but this I knew wasn’t normal. Michael thought that I was just dehydrated and told me to drink some water because when I woke him up there was a misunderstanding about when the pain started. I remember that I got up to use the bathroom and that even before I got there I was hunched over, and then because the pain was so bad I couldn’t go. But I don’t remember if I actually had pain before I got out of bed that woke me from my sleep. I remember asking Michael what a kidney stone felt like, and I think he said something to the fact that I would know if it was a kidney stone, because it would be the worst pain of my life. What he didn’t know is that it was the worst pain that I had ever felt, but then again I can’t really blame Michael for brushing it off because when I stub my toe, or smash my fingers etc, I feel queasy, my ears get plugged up, my eyes get spotty, and I turn ghostly white. I guess that my body goes into some kind of shock. Anyhow, about 6 or 6:30 at my second request for him to take me to the emergency room, we were off. We don’t live very far from the hospital, in fact it is just down the road from the place we were renting a month ago, but it seemed to take forever. I was lucky that I didn’t have to wait long to be admitted. I was relieved of my pain, diagnosed with yes, a kidney stone, given 3 prescriptions, referrals to see doctors for a follow-up, and released by 9:30. We found a 24 hour pharmacy, and a place to have breakfast (since we were both starving) while we waited for my prescriptions. That Sunday would have been our first Sunday in our new ward (since the Sunday before that church was cancelled due to ice). I am now feeling better, but I have not passed the stone. It is either still in my bladder, or it dissolved or whatever and passed anyhow. I was told at my follow-up that I would definitely know because of the pain, if I had passed it. The Dr. that I saw had asked me if I ever watch Seinfeld and saw the episode of when Kramer passes his kidney stone in Yankee Stadium. I don’t know details of this episode, but I do slightly remember watching that one, and everyone heard Kramer. So in a nut shell, a very long one, that was our January for the most part.
Condensed version…. Moved into house, and are enjoying it. Went to the ER, had kidney stone, doing fine now.
Posted by jeannie at 11:20 AM Comments (1)

No comments: