Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Recalled...

No...not the baby or the dog... the bassinet.


I got an email from Babies R Us and then went to the store site to view this. I guess just because we have owned this bassinet for over a year now, and used it for 4-5 months doesn't mean that we were in the clear if they are recalling ones from 2001 through August 2008. I'm just glad that things were okay while we used it. We got one of these recalled bassinets for Luke, and Luke loved it, and it was the one I really wanted...and Ender loved too! Now it has been RECALLED. I thought I would post this just in case anyone else has one of these, or know anyone who has one of these. You can look for this recall as well as recalls for many other things being recalled on the recalls.gov web site.

So I guess now we will be taking it back to the store, we even have it in the box it came in being stored for any other children we were to have, I guess any other babies will have to sleep in something else. We should be getting our money back, or store credit, which is fine because now we will add that to the money we were going to spend on a car seat for Luke (yikes, he will be one soon, and forward facing!) and that will give us a little bit more money for a car seat.

2 comments:

Party of Two said...

Glad nothing happened, but how cool, an unexpected financial blessing! Gotta love those. Seems like your Ender and my kitties have the same fasination with the bassinets (and cribs and pack and plays), lol.
**Laura and i talked about watching Sisterhood of Traveling Pants and then seeing #2 when it came out, maybe we can plan for sometime soon??

Sharla said...

my crib of 5 years has been recalled as well, so Lilly gets a new crib now as well!