Sunday, September 21, 2008

Meet my flat brother...

The last time I went up to Washington I spent some extra time there. At first I wasn't planning on even going up there, but we (mostly Michael, bless his heart!) thought that it would be a good idea if I went and spent some family time. This trip was planned around the time that my oldest brother Jared would be getting ready to deploy to Iraq for a year. My brother and sister in law have three kids, a 6 year old, a almost 4 year old and a 1 year old. To keep Jared involved in family outings, events, soccer games, and family time they decided to get a Flat Daddy. The kids are having a lot of fun taking Flat Daddy everywhere they go and getting pictures of all of their adventures and doing all of the things families do together. They are even keeping everything documented in a blog called A Year with Flat Daddy. Flat Jared even made it on the local news where they live see the news clip here. These are some random pictures from my trip. Top left picture: me, Joel (almost 4) and Jeff (6). Right picture: Luke (9months) and Mira (1) inside the house and Joel outside the house. Bottom picture on the left: Jeff hanging off the couch! I am linking A Year with Flat Daddy on the side of our blog under the family blogger section swing by every now and then and leave a comment, the kids love it!

I think this year for Christmas the one gift I will give myself is a donation to Flat Daddies.

3 comments:

Amber said...

What a great idea! Cute blog, too.

Daniel said...

Okay, so I checked out your brother's blog, and I can really see a resemblance between Luke and your brother. I know you've said that Luke looks just like Michael did when he was younger, but there is definitely some of your side of the family in there too.

Larry & Erica Evans said...

I think that is an awesome idea. Life size is the best. Way to go!!! My friend needs to do that now!