Monday, September 8, 2008

How do you ruin a rice cooker?

Well as I am sure that there are many ways, the way I ruined mine was to put it away after using it one time WITH THE LEFT OVER RICE STILL IN IT! I went to cook rice one day and opened it up, and then closed it as fast as I could, which wasn't fast enough! I will spare you all from seeing the picture I took, why I took one I now can't recall. It was gross, believe me, or ask Michael. I was trying to remember the last time I used it.... when was it....was it when...hmmm. The closest I can come up with was I used it when a friend had a baby and I took dinner to her.....4 months ago. I'm surprised I hadn't smelt it before that, I guess it had a really great seal! It was beyond cleaning, so we will be getting a new one. So if you are at our house, and we are having rice, I either cooked the rice on the stove, or we got a new cooker!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny, I just did the same thing to mine, but mine was only a couple weeks old. It was still pretty gross though. I never would have guessed that rice could turn into that.

Annie Ogle said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who would do something like that! Especially the part about throwing the old one away and buying a new one. I once did that with a tupperware in the fridge that I couldn't bring myself to clean. I bought the new one first so I would feel justified in throwing the old one out. It was there for weeks before I did it, and I could see it everytime I opened the fridge! Why do we do such gross things!