Monday, January 12, 2009

Does anyone make tie shoes for toddlers?

Luke lost a shoe. We noticed the past couple of days that he loved to un-velcro his own shoes. On Friday when we were at The Home Depot I noticed that he had managed to take his shoe off. So I mentioned to Michael that we should periodically check to make sure that his shoes were on. How ironic that since I was the one to say that, the shoe went missing on my watch. So it is gone...somewhere in the Grapevine Mills Mall. And I only noticed it was gone on the way out of the last store we were in before we went home. I went back to the last store in hopes that maybe, just maybe I would get lucky enough to find it...nope. But it was a good thing we did go back because I found his doggie blanket. See, we were out longer than I thought we would have been, and he was past the point of being done... by 30 minutes, so everything I gave him he tossed out. I ca;;ed Michael and asked if he wanted me to retrace my steps and try and look for the shoe, thankfully he said no. So on the way home, I made one last stop to buy a new pair of shoes. I got him the same kind, just in case he looses another shoe (but with our luck he will, and then we will have two left shoes...isn't that the way it goes?) And then we were on our way home. For real this time! It really annoyed me that I had to get a new pair of shoes. I like to shop for him, but t replace things that are lost irritates me. To bad it wasn't lost closer to summer and then I could just get him sandals, or shoes with ties that would make it just a bit harder for Luke to get off! Oh well, vent over.

4 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

Carson has lace up shoes, but unfortunately, he knows how to take those of too!

G-mom said...

I know that feeling.

hey do you live near Grapevine then?? Our cousin lives in Grapevine.

Jeannie said...

So I did find a pair with laces at Walmart (they didn't have them a couple months ago) got the size hes in now and the next size since I don't know how fast toddler feet grow.

And yes, we live near Grapevine.

Amanda Schurig said...

YES!! Stride rite! They are fabulous quality shoes too!!