Thursday, March 1, 2012

Meet the newest member of the family!

The first picture is me at 39 weeks pregnant! Tuesday February 28, 2012 at 2:10pm Paige was born! She weighed 7lbs 5oz and was 20" long!

We were scheduled to be induced at 5:30 that morning, but I had Michael take me a little early since I was already contracting and I wanted something for the pain soon. I was admitted, and everything was hooked up ready to go by 6am. And I was dilated to a 4. I asked for and got my epidural about 8 or 9, can't exactly remember. I had a little more dose a couple hours later. In the past the dr had usually come early to break my water but this time couldn't until 12:50- and at that time I was dilated to a 6. I was needing more epidural so about 1:45 asked for more, they needed to check me to see where I was. At 1:50 I was fully dilated, and ready to go- yay!- so I got one more dose, they called it a delivery dose. I probably only pushed about 10-12 times, less than 20 minutes, and there she was! I guess if I knew I was only gonna be pushing for not even 20 minutes, I could have skipped the last dose of epidural....nah, who am I kidding, I'm glad I had it! And I was freezing Michael out- notice the hoodie up!- but that's ok, as long as the temperature is comfy for me! So, in a nutshell.... there you have it! I just hope that in the future, my water doesn't break on its own, ever... I'm not sure we'd even make it to the hospital!

3 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

Congratulations! She is a doll.

The Reimers Family said...

Congratulations! She is a doll.

Annie Ogle said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous! Your family is beautiful.