Sunday, April 26, 2009

Not one tear was shed

Luke had his first day of nursery today! And no one cried...not even me! I think I was so glad to not have to chase Luke through out the halls of church today that it was a relief. Even if it does remind me that my baby is getting bigger, and really not a baby anymore....which is fine, because I'll be having another one here soon enough! Michael and I both took him in, showed him were the toys were, and that was that. Didn't even look back! Michael was able to look through the little peep hole in the door a couple of times and all was well! They did have to bring him to us once for a diaper change, and then when Michael took him back he got upset just a bit and then was fine. Here's hoping kindergarten will be this easy on all of us!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Fair warning...my kids always went perfectly the first few times and then the separation anxiety hit! hopefully this doesn't happen with your little guy!

The Reimers Family said...

Congratulations! That's such a big step for the little guy! I'm glad you didn't break down like a little girl like I did!:)