Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fort Worth Zoo Run

Michael and I ran our first 5k together! We had set a goal last year to do it, and slowly worked toward that goal. I think we can both say that we did better than we hoped to- Michael finished in under 30 minutes, and I finished in under 40 minutes. Almost never in my life have I run and further than 2 miles at a time and I've only run 2 miles a handful of times. We liked it- at least I did! It felt really good to set a goal, work to achieve that goal, and even though we weren't as ready as we could have been (sickness and travel the couple of weeks before felt like it set us back) we did it anyhow! We want to do the zoo run next year too! I like to run, but I don't see myself going crazy on the running- I enjoy it- but I'm not sure I'd enjoy hours of it!

No comments: