Saturday, July 4, 2009

a month gone by...

Cassie is now a month old. She weighs 9.5 lbs. Spits up like Luke did... all over the place, and in large amounts. It was really nice the first week having her NOT spit up and I thought that the laundry work load would only increase a little... how wrong I was! I do the kids laundry at least 3 times a week! She is also fussy/colicky in the evening like Luke was.

Luke has adjusted well to Cassie. Adjustment to everything else (less time with mama and daddy, being in the house a lot more etc..) has been a bit tricky. He still naps thank goodness, but sometimes it's in the morning, and other times it's in the afternoons. He eats like a bird, I guess on the picky side. Breakfasts/lunches/dinners he will (maybe) eat a few bites of what we give him and then he will throw up his hands and say done. We have tried leaving him in his chair hoping he would eat more, but have found that if we don't take him out and clean up right when he says 'done' that everything ends up on the floor. He still is drinking his milk at meals even though we now no longer are giving him any bottles, and actually ditching the bottles was easier than I thought it was going to be. Luke still goes to bed about 6pm, and even the bed time routine has suffered a bit, but we have been trying to keep that the same. I can feel molars in the back of his mouth, the 2 yr. ones I guess, and we hope that they will come in soon so he will stop eating his hands and drooling all over the place! We find he tries to eat a lot of other things too, shoes, books, Ender's food... really whatever he can put into his mouth, he will! Luke has now learned how to open doors too! When we moved into this house, we found that Ender could open doors because the handles were the lever ones, so we had to go and get the knobs and change all of the doors... well, today we had to go and get knob covers so Luke wouldn't open doors! And he is really into everything else! The other day I found a kitchen drawer in the living room, he had pulled it out of the cabinet, and pushed it all the way in the other room! I don't think it would be that bad, but he seems to do all the things he shouldn't when I can't get to him because I'm feeding or changing Cassie!

Someday things won't be this crazy...wait, who am I kidding??? They will just be a different kind of crazy! Well, someday I will be able to get more than 4 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period, someday!
-Michael and Ender getting more sleep than me!
-Luke decided not to hold still anymore after I put gel in his hair to get ready for church...so this was the style that Sunday, pretty wild!
-Luke putting a box over his head.
-And this is how we found Luke's cars in the spare room the other day, all in a row! He will do that quite often!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

It does get better. I think weeks 2-4 were the hardest, and then it started getting easier. Things should be looking up soon!

The Reimers Family said...

What an organized little fellow! I love the hair!