Tuesday, June 3, 2008

So, Luke is pretty amazing...

...Getting so big and all! Let's see, he has two bottom front teeth, but I posted a picture of that earlier...I think he is getting more teeth because he is very cranky and he doesn't nap well. I'm just glad that he is still sleeping well at night! (knocking on wood as I type!) He has been scooting backwards and turning himself in circles for a while, and has now started to go forwards, not just rocking anymore! On Saturday was the day that he actually crawled, and I'm glad that Michael got to see it! This past weekend he also started to pull himself up on his knees! So that means that in the morning when we go in and get him, he is kneeling in the crib waiting with his smiley face ready for us to feed and play with him! We got Luke a bathtub seat. I couldn't find the one that I was looking for, but I found one that will work just as good. I will be posting pictures later this week, but he loves to sit and play, splash the water, and kick back and relax and gum the washcloth! It's hard to believe that Luke is 7 months old now...it's going much tooooo fast!

I forget that I can post more than just pictures and videos letting people know what is going on in our lives. But then on the other hand they say that a picture is worth a thousand words...is that how it goes??

Michael has been commuting to Farmers Branch now for about three weeks. He works 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, so he usually leaves the house about 6:15, and he usually gets home about 5:15. That is if the traffic is good both ways! He got spoiled in Fort Worth traveling just 15 minutes each way! After a small personnel problem, he has finally received the promotion that prompted him to switch to the Farmers Branch office. He will have some training to do in July, I think that he is a little disappointed that it is in Dallas, because that means that he doesn't get perdiem, travel expenses, or mileage paid. Bummer! Michael has started playing softball with some guys from the ward. They had a practice last week, and their first game was last night. The game started at 9:30 but when he was home a little after 10 I was surprised. I guess that they didn't do that good (17 to 0) and called the game.

I keep busy. Although by looking at the state of my house sometimes, you would have guessed otherwise! Haha! Sometimes I try to nap when Luke takes his morning nap, but that doesn't always work. I am going to a scrapbook evening this Saturday. I printed pictures so I actually have pictures to scrapbook. I am going to make cards for a card exchange later this month, so those two things should keep me busy. I just have to plan on making my cards when Luke is asleep, so I can be uninterrupted! I try and take the kids for a walk in the morning...if I wait too late, it is much too hot to go, and then I have to worry about slathering Luke in sunscreen!

Hope you enjoyed the update, look for pictures and video soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this wonderful update, Jeannie!

Photos are great, but I love to read more about your daily life, and this post really gave us a glimpse into some of the changes your family has experienced in the last month or so. :)

The Reimers Family said...

I loved it when Carson started scooting backwards, I'd always find his head poking out from underneath one of the couches.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Jeannie! I didn't realize who you were until I clicked on the link on your comment on my blog just now---thank you so much for commenting and I'm so glad to see how well you all are doing. Your little Luke is absolutely ADORABLE!