Friday, April 11, 2008

The start of pictures and updates


Who is bigger? It's kind of hard to tell isn't it?! This is Luke with his cousin Mira. Mira and Luke are about 3 1/2 months apart, Mira being older! I think we decided that Mira was just slightly bigger! I love the face that Luke has in this picture! Luke has his 6 month appointment on April 25, so I'll be able to let everyone know just how long he is and I will also have a new weight!

Well before I left to go up to Seattle, I didn't quite get everything on my list of things to do complete. That's nothing new really it seems that I always overload my lists and I only get done the most important things. One of the things on my list to do, that didn't get done, was to clean out the fridge. It wasn't that bad to start, but let's just say that the Au Gratin potatoes that we had for dinner before I left had turned into old rotten potatoes! I guess I should have checked the back of the fridge sooner.

So we have come to the conclusion that we just have the worst luck when it comes to anything that relates to the plumbing of the houses that we buy. We can deal with the replacing and repairing of the toilet tank fill valve thingie (it's just a matter of doing it), but all other issues that have the potential to be spendy to fix...that's where our luck runs dry. I noticed the other day when I got home that the tile in our kitchen felt warm when tile is supposed to feel cool. Upon further inspection, I went out to the garage and the floor there was also warm, and the water tank was making a running water noise. We both ran out of hot water while showering (we even spaced out the showers by several hours) and the force of the shower was weak. One call to the plumber...anyone want to guess what the problem is? I didn't think so...we have a slab leak. Basically the pipes that are under our foundation and connected to the water heater have a leak and or leaks. I guess that would explain the increase in the water bill the past 2 or 3 months. And because it is from the hot water side, we can feel the heat. An appointment has been made for next Wednesday for some detection and repair. Hopefully the leak can be detected within a couple inches, that way they won't have to tear up the kitchen and garage. So in a nut shell there goes the difference in the raise that Michael got (oh wait, you haven't heard...Michael hasn't made a post updating the path of his career?) and the tax money that will come later and who knows what else. I guess it all depends on how extensive the leak is.

2 comments:

Jared said...

It was really good to see you and meet Luke, of course we missed Michael. Hopefully it won't be so long before we get to see you again!

The Reimers Family said...

I can't believe he is almost 6 months! Can you even believe how fast time goes?