Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baby update

My 34 week Dr.'s appointment was yesterday. I had an ultrasound before I met with the Dr. Everything is looking good and I got several pictures from the ultrasound. The baby is head down, and I have even started to dilate. Right now at 34 weeks the baby is weighing in at about 5 1/2 lbs. It's estimated that at this point the baby will gain about 1/2 a lb. a week until she is born. When I had my ultrasound with Luke at 36 weeks, he was weighing in at about 7 lbs. Luke was induced a week early and weighed at birth 8 lbs. 4 oz. So I'm thinking I very well may have another 8+ lb. baby. I'm hoping that my Dr. will induce me at least a week early with this baby too...even a bit earlier would be okay with me too! I have another appointment in 2 weeks, and then my appointments go to every week. It's getting down to the wire!

I still have some things I would like to have done actually get done around here before Cassie gets here. They may or may not get done, I just can't do some of the things on the list...or I should say I shouldn't do some of the things on my list because it's just not safe for me to do...standing on a very tall ladder for instance. So I wait for Michael to help me with that list, I'm just not a very patient person right now, I need things to get done! I can pretty much cross off the garage from my list, I did that the other day. And the bulk trash that I wanted to get out went out Sunday night, so that is done (still need to take a couple of things to the dump since bulk trash wouldn't take them), I have the baby clothes all washed and put away. I have organized all of the clothes Luke has grown out of and put them away. So the small stuff is done. Oh, and I have been slowly putting meals (not made but bought, I just don't have it in me to make extra meals) in the freezer that Michael will be able to help out with dinner. And as time gets closer I may just have to toss up my hands and say oh well, what gets done gets done and what doesn't doesn't and admit defeat!

No comments: