Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Last Friday...

...was the day Michael was getting home after being gone for two weeks. I decided that I wanted to surprise him with something, but at first I wasn't sure what. Then one day as I was reading someones blog (can't remember what blog) I came across this recipe for Amish White Bread and it sounded so easy that I thought I would try it! You had to do it in steps because of the yeast and the rising and stuff, but that worked out perfect because I was able to do the bread while Luke was taking his nap.


Doesn't that look yummy?! I wanted to have it cooking in the oven and close to being done when Michael got home so he could come home to a yummy smelling house, but I got confused and thought that he was coming home later than he did...so we had the bread smell ready for the time I first thought. It was still a surprise, we just had to wait!

I was really surprised at how easy this was to make. And it tastes so good! But I guess that I needed to grease one of my pans even more than I did because the bottom of the bread stuck to the pan, so we ate that one first! These are only a few pictures, I didn't take pictures for every step of the process!

2 comments:

Party of Two said...

That looks so yummy! In fact i am going to the store immediately after work, getting said ingredients and making some of my own bread! lol
PS LOVE the pic of Ender in the tub with Luke!

The Reimers Family said...

You go, girl!