Saturday, May 23, 2009

Week in review. Long post, but lots of pictures!

I'll start with what we did today! We had a really fun day together as a family. We went to the Fort Worth Zoo. I think Michael was more excited than Luke, but it was cute! We were there about an hour and a half so we didn't get to see all of the zoo, but we thought that we had better leave when Luke was still in a good mood and not have a bad experience that might make us never want to take him to the zoo again. We were able to see the gorillas, the elephants, giraffes, zebras, birds, rhinos, and some kind of monkeys, and I can't remember what else.... but if the animals weren't moving, Luke didn't seem to notice them. We ended up getting a year pass, so now we can go whenever we want and even parking is free! We figured since the zoo is open year round, if we went at least 4 times in a year, it pays for itself. I think we will end up going as a family at least that many times, and I can take the kids during the day, or with friends if I want.

Next time we go we will have to start at another part of the zoo, and end at the petting zoo part!

And earlier in the week Luke and I played in the water in the backyard. We had to wait for the sun to move so we would have shade in the backyard, but as soon as I thought we had enough shade, I slathered Luke with sunscreen, and out we went! He loved the sprinkler, and to throw balls in the pool, and then fish them out...and then repeat! The water was on the cold side since it hadn't been in the warm sun, but it felt really good to soak my sore swollen feet! And even though the water was cold and Luke was shivering, he didn't want to come in!

And in the beginning of the week I took Luke to get another hair cut. I had them cut it short for summer! I was going to wait to cut it, but after giving him a bath one day, and seeing that he had a comb-over, I decided it was time. He looks so much older with his hair cut, like a big boy!

He's just so stinking cute!

2 comments:

TheFischerFam said...

Sounds like you had a busy week. The hair cut looks adorable.

Larry & Erica Evans said...

sounds fun. I will have to go to the zoo sometime with you guys!!!!!! Luke's hair is so cute. I just want to call him Spike! See ya soon!