Tuesday, July 14, 2009

8 years (long post)

Short version: We are celebrating our 8 year anniversary!
Long post:
A lot has happened in the last 8 years, actually 8 1/2 years. January 14, 2001 is the day Michael and I met, and 6 months later we were married for eternity in the Seattle Temple. Since then we have experienced a lot of ups and downs in our own unique way! A job loss the day after we get back from our honeymoon, which eventually was the result of 7 addresses in the past 8 years (we have now lived at this address longer than any address). Michael finishing a crazy amount of school, his associates and a bachelor's in just 2 years. Moving far away so Michael could get a job, which meant that I had to quit my job of 6 1/2 years. Started building a house, but had to cancel because....Moving again to take better job. Got an awesome dog. Moved again. We were able to buy a house. Had unthinkable amounts of flooding in said house. Moved even further away in hopes of furthering Michael's career. Started another build job on a house before we moved but had to cancel that one as well. Ended up buying a house a few months after we settled in. And we have added 2 kids to the mix since living here. These are just a few of the things that top our list of ups and downs. There are many more, and even the things that should have been ups have turned into downs and what would have been downs have turned out to be not that bad, but not always. There has been many laughs, and just as many tears. There have been things that we would have done differently "if only we had known" and there have been things we wouldn't have changed anything.

If you would have asked us if this is where we thought we would be the answer would be a no. But we are glad that we are here together to celebrate our 8 year anniversary! It hasn't always been easy, but I'm told it will be worth it!

Funny story...

I texted Michael and asked him to bring me home a cherry limeade chiller on his way home from his softball game. Well, he brought me just a regular cherry limeade, but I thanked him anyhow and enjoyed my drink. So, I thought that he had just messed up the order, and he was confused at why I was dissapointed. He didn't see the text I had sent him until about an hour after he got home. We had a good laugh about what we thought each other had thought happened! It turns out that Michael was just being thoughtful and brought me a drink because he thought that I would like one, and the drink he ordered he thought I always ordered that, when really I never have even tried it!

Happy Anniversary Michael, I love you!

No comments: