Thursday, June 4, 2009

1 Day Old



And I guess I should tell the birth story before I forget. Tuesday I had my 39 week appointment, I was dilated to about a 3. My Dr. had called the hospital and made arrangements to go in the next morning (June 3rd) at 5am. We got to the hospital about 5:30 and after about 45 minutes of paperwork and forms to sign (about 6:30 by the time I was changed and everything was done), I had my IV in and pitocin was started. My Dr. came by at about 8:40 am to break my water and at that time we ordered the epidural. By the time my epidural was in and working about 9:10-9:20 I was dilated to a 5. we were able to get a little bit of a rest, but not much because I was progressing a lot faster than I had with Luke's induction. By 10:30 when the nurse checked me I was at 7, and then by about 11:30 I was at a 10 and all ready to go! We had to wait a bit for the Dr. to come, good thing her office was right next door to the hospital! The Dr. came a little after 12:00pm, and by 12:15 I was good to go! I pushed for about 10 minutes and then we had our beautiful baby girl. A bit of a side note, with Luke's induction my water was broke about 8:30 am and epidural by 9 am, but I wasn't ready to start pushing until 4pm, and he was born at 5:24pm. So we were all surprised that this time around it was so fast...and really it was easy too!

And in case anyone is wondering since I can't remember if I posted before... Cassie is short for Cassandra, and we decided to not give her a middle name...it's I guess you can say it's kind of tradition. I don't have a middle name, my mom doesn't have a middle name, my mom's sisters don't have middle names, you get the idea right?

11 comments:

Jenna said...

Hello beautiful Cassie! Can't wait to meet you. So glad everything went well and fast for you this time - thankfully not as fast as mine. :)

Maegan said...

She is beautiful! I'm so glad the birth went quick and smooth!

G-mom said...

congratulations!! she is gorgeous!!

Amy said...

Congratulations! She is really cute. I am glad everything went good for you. You have a cute family.

Tracy M said...

Congrats, to the whole family! She is beautiful!

Larry & Erica Evans said...

yeah, I can't wait to meet her!!!!! See you soon! We should be in Mansfield by July 1st!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! Can't wait to meet her! The girls are so excited to have another girl cousin to play with!

Adrianne

Tassia said...

Hurray! Welcome little Cassie! I was so excited to hear last Sunday that she had arrived. She is absolutely adorable! It makes me even more anxious and excited for Delaney to get here. I'm glad to hear everything went smoothly and that mom and baby are doing well.

Tassia said...

Hurray! Welcome little Cassie! I was so excited to hear last Sunday that she had arrived. She is absolutely adroable! It makes me even more anxious and excited for Delaney to get here. Glad to hear that everyone is doing well.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful baby...
you have a beautiful family~

Lisa Christensen said...

Congratulations Jeannie! She is a doll! Just be prepared for Cassie to marry someone with the last name of Stone! We didn't give Nicki a middle name, and she married Brandon Christensen! I think Andy Taylor's wife's maiden name was Taylor as well!
Best of luck to you and your sweet family. Tell your parents that we say "hi". We miss the 4th Ward friends.