Friday, May 23, 2008

Mmmmmm donuts!

The finished product!

I was watching the food network the other day and Paula Deen was having a everything chocolate show, so I recorded it because it looked so yummy and I wanted to try the donuts. I had to search her web site for the donut recipe because it was easier than writing everything down while I was watching.

Now, I sometimes have a tendency to mess things up...even if I follow the recipe. I followed all of the instructions, but I would do one thing different when making the actual donuts. I should have used clean oil. They tasted like french fries because we like to make home made french fries, and I suppose I could use a different type of oil if I wanted to. But the donuts were very easy to make and form and cook. The chocolate sauce was a bit harder. It looked really easy when Paula and her son made it, so I thought there was nothing to it. Well, when it was done cooking, it looked way too runny, maybe I didn't cook it long enough, I don't know. So I ended up adding a lot more powdered sugar to thicken it up. It wasn't quite right, but the overall donut was a bust because it tasted like fries. Oh, and I had waaaay to much sauce left over for the amount of donuts anyhow. Maybe I'll get adventurous some other time, but probably not, since it is cheaper to go and buy whatever kind of yummy donut you want. And there is a lot less mess to clean up when you buy!

But they sure look yummy!

2 comments:

Larry & Erica Evans said...

you are making me hungry!!!!!

The Reimers Family said...

Look at you go!! Those look awesome...stupid diet!