Thursday, February 3, 2011

Longest week ever....

And it's not over yet! This is what it has looked like since Tuesday early in the midnight hours of the morning. Pure ice with a dusting of snow on top, and the ice is so thick a lot of places that I can't even crack/break it! It's some pretty thick layers of ice. School has been closed now for three days, and Michael has been flexing from home because his office has been closed for the first two days with a delayed opening today. The temps have been in the low to mid teens with windchill being in the negatives at times. Yesterday we had a day filled with rolling blackouts- the high was 18*! Crazy to think that last Saturday the temp was in the low 70's! I think the only one in the house that doesn't mind this insanely cold weather is Ender! Hopefully it warms up enough to start melting all this ice! And yes, I know it way worse in other parts of the country.....so I'll quit my complaining now!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

It's crazy!!! And more snow is falling as I write.