Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Maybe I'm nesting early????


Which is fine by me! Since we won't be needing boy clothes for a while and don't want to get rid of them, I needed to find a better way of storing them. I am out of room in Luke's closet, and it's just him. So we are going to store the close elsewhere (garage) and then the closet will be better organized for Luke and Cassie. I didn't want to store clothes in boxes in the garage since the temperature varies so much, and there were openings in the boxes that would allow the close to get dirty. So I got containers, folded all of the clothes that we won't be needing, and labeled them so I know what is in them. I also put away the clothes that are too big for Luke now, but soon won't be to make room in the closet. While I was doing this it was also the perfect time to separate the little bit of clothes and blankets that we can use for Cassie. So out of 7 boxes of clothes and 1 box of blankets I will be able to reuse all of the onesies (newborn through 12 months +), and a few unisex outfits like the sleep and plays, the lap pads, hooded towels (so what if those are blue), and a few blankets when the cold weather comes. I was disappointed when looking through Luke's clothes because most of them are stained, he just spit up that much all of the time. I'm hoping the stains come out with something like oxyclean (which I didn't have then) and I will be sure to toss some in with all of Cassie's laundry. Sooo, the now newly organized boy clothes can go in the garage. Next on the to do list is organize the garage. I did start on it yesterday, made a little headway, but now it's too cold and I need Michael's help. And yes, that's a lot of diaper boxes, and those are the ones we kept!

3 comments:

Maegan said...

You go girl! It's so nice to finsh big projects and declutter!

Paige said...

Good job! I love seeing well organized bins of baby clothes. I will warn you, though--with two it seems like you'll have to do that a LOT...Babe is only 8 weeks old and I've already had to reorganize. I just did it about a month before she was born, but these darn kids keep GROWING!

Julie said...

I miss when you used to do this at my house! Come back! Congratulations! You will love having a little girl to dress:)