Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back at home

Luke and I are back at home after our 3 week trip to the Seattle area. Even though we were gone only 3 weeks, it feels like I have 5 weeks of work to catch up on at the house! How is that even possible? It was great to see family and friends, and it was great to see Michael and Ender again. Our flight last night got in on time, even though when we came down to land, we had to go back up because there was a plane on the runway that had lost an engine and couldn't get off the runway fast enough. So the pilot made another go around and landed and taxied, but because of the rain and lightning, we had to stop 70 feet or yards (can't remember which one now) away from the gate. Once we finally got off, we had to wait for our luggage because they don't do luggage in bad weather...so we had to wait for that to pass. We got home after midnight. Luke hadn't slept much yesterday...he had less than 2 hours of a first nap, he napped for less than 30 minutes right before we had to leave for the airport, and he slept for less than 30 minutes on the first part of the flight....and then slept a little in the car on the way home. We put him down to sleep about 12:30 and I was afraid of what time we would wake up in the morning. I guess I had nothing to worry about because he slept until 10:45! Then he napped from 12:30-2:40, and is napping again since about 4 o'clock! He likes his sleep, so hopefully he will go to bed for the night no later than 8 o'clock! I guess we will see.

I will try to post some pictures, and more details about our trip later this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are safely home after a very long trip, and that Luke seems to have coped pretty well with a very trying day!

Party of Two said...

Yeah you're home! I can finally send out your thank you card, but you have to send me your address, lol. I won't post it!
Your trip sounds like it was wonderful, i can't wait to see the pictures! You, Laura and myself will have to do lunch soon before i pop!

Larry & Erica Evans said...

glad to hear all is well and that you got home safely!

The Reimers Family said...

I'm glad you're home safe! It always feels nice to walk through that front door after a trip!